For automotive EMC we can apply two standards, they being:
1) Regulation No. 10-05 (VCA E marking)
2) BS EN50498:2010 -Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). Product family standard for aftermarket electronic equipment in vehicles (Self Certification)
“Electrical/electronic sub-assembly” (ESA) means an electrical and/or electronic device or set(s) of devices intended to be part of a vehicle, together with any associated electrical connections and wiring, which performs one or more specialised functions. An ESA may be approved at the request of a manufacturer or his authorised representative as either a “component” or a “separate technical unit (STU)”.
How to classify an ESA for Reg 10.05.
The tests performed for the above two standards are the same/similar and consist of :
- Radiated Emissions 30MHz to 1GHz Narrow band and Broadband noise
- Conducted Transient Emissions as per ISO 7637-2:2004
- Conducted Transient Immunity as per ISO 7637-2:2004
We can help with all your automotive testing needs, for more information give us a call on 01928 706400 or complete our quotation request form today.